Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Books, books, and more books!

Since I am trying to focus on old books as my centerpieces, I had a mild panic attack yesterday that I had only collected 75 so far. Why you ask? I asked myself that question too. It seemed that I was finding other things I needed for the weddding much faster than books, so I got a little worried that I wouldn't have time to find enough. Because 17 months is a really limited amount of time (rolls eyes at self).

So, I made myself an eBay account and began searching away for books. I had steered clear of eBay until now because, during my college days, I had tried to buy a textbook and was outbid in the last 5 seconds. It ruined the appeal when I didn't get what I wanted. But, I really need about 300 books, so I was feeling a little desperate (albeit falsely so). My price range was no more than $2 per book because of the number of books I need, so searching for individual books made it difficult to fit this price because of the shipping fees. Tip of the day: Search "lot of old/vintage/antique books." I found a seller who was selling a Lot of 105 Antique Vintage Old Rare Hard To Find Books for $99!! The shipping was $60, but this still put me at $1.50 per book. Excellent deal! They even had taken pictures of each individual book with the first few pages. A few of the books seem like good reads. Now I'm just a little sad that I freaked out so early and won't be able to search for them at flea markets and used books stores. Alas!

No comments:

Post a Comment