Saturday, May 7, 2011

Makeover for tin cans

Originally I was thinking that tin cans would add an awesome rustic edge to the books, but then I found a post by OnceWed with moss covered cans and I decided that some clothes on the cans would be a good idea. Most of the cans have glue that is difficult to remove and expiration dates, which could be hidden by strategic placing, but the moss is just a great way to hide those yucky parts. This website shows you how to wrap moss around tin cans with twine (another important component in my decorating scheme!) to make an easy, earthy decor for tin cans. And the best part is that I can use those ugly tuna cans without making it obvious that I eat a lot of tuna. All for under $25 for all of them! I'll keep you posted with my finished products.

I also wanted to thank all of my readers! I have had several friends mention my blog and it makes me so happy to know that people are following along! Thanks to all my readers :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are really cool! I just might have to try them! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete