Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I apologize for the delay!

Hello friends!

I apologize for the delay in my posting. I've still been busy planning away and have LOTS to update you on! First, I feel the need to share my flea
market story. I have been collecting mismatched, old china plates for my wedding. I'll post some pictures for you soon. After realizing that plates cost $0.50 each to rent, I decided that I was going to find my own plates and buy them for $0.50 instead of renting. I will tell you that there was a considerable amount of debate that went into whether to buy, rent, or use paper products. Ultimately, we decided there was no way that we could possibly serve barbeque on paper plates (I don't know what I was thinking! Barbeque was practically invented for paper plates!).

Anyways, I have been scouring flea markets on a weekly basis to find china plates for my wedding. I started off collecting every plate I saw at the m
arket and have since tossed over 30 plates out of my collection (not really a way to save money, now huh?) and have become significantly more picky. If you plan to do this, please be picky or you will realize that you hate your plates and going backwards with your numbers is no fun when you need 300 plates. So far, I've found 66 dinner plates and 74 cake plates. Yes, I have a long way to go. BUT, I also have a whole year until my wedding! And I have found some very fancy plates for very cheap.

One thing that is especially fun about collecting plates this way is that each plate has a story. I can almost remember where each of the plates came from, how I bargained for them, and what the people were like! Here are some (awful) pictures of my treasures:








No comments:

Post a Comment